Friday, April 24, 2015

Changes Are A Comin'

I have been stalling on writing this posting...stalling!  I've been quiet on the blog, quiet on facebook and laying pretty low around Penang.  But the time has come, I'm on a big heavy train and it's moving, really, really, fast.  I can't stop it and I can't jump off of it, so I'm trying to sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride.

I'm sad to report, but our nearly four years in Penang is coming to a fast and rather unexpected end.  We are headed back to Austin, TX on May 13.  Eric's company unexpectedly pulled in our contract from December to July. Because we are expecting baby #2 August 6th, we have to leave before I'm too too pregnant to travel.  To say that I am shocked would be an understatement.  I have had almost three months to process this move and I have just recently been able to accept that this is happening.  It's a bittersweet transition for us but it's part of our greater JennEric adventure.  

Eric, Adi and I are really focused on enjoying our last few weeks in this magical place that we have been lucky enough to call home.  We are eating out, spending time with friends, swimming in our pool, walking in the gardens, drinking fresh coconuts, learning how to cook local food, and enjoying being together.  Stay tuned as our adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment