Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fall Recap

Now that our "secret" is out, I hope I will be excused for not blogging too much these last three months.  Honestly for the first two months of this pregnancy, I felt nauseous looking at the computer and did not want to spend anytime on it, so I didn't.  We've been keeping a pretty low profile since our return from the US but are slowly emerging back to real life. 

For those of you who want a quick recap of what we've been up to here it is:

Luscious Ladies in Pink
Me and my favorite Kiwi Ladies
For the second year, I've attended Luscious Ladies in Pink, a fundraiser for breast cancer in Penang.  This is one of my favorite events of the year!  The grand ballroom of the Eastern & Oriental hotel is filled with ladies dressed in pink, yummy food is served and there is a fashion show.  It's a fun event and a great way to raise money and awareness for Breast Cancer.

3 Days in Singapore
After our US trip, I swore off traveling, at least "for awhile."  That lasted all of 28 days before I took a quick trip down to Singapore with Nikki.  This was a great get-a-way that helped me feel a bit better and partake in some of Singapore's modern and amazing activities.  Highlights of this trip include, eating a real American beef burger at the American military Terror Club, exploring the amazing Gardens by the Bay, visiting the Night Safari, shopping at the PEX (where I stocked up on Kashi cereal,  American candy and Dos XX beer for Eric), and learning about Singapore's WWII history. 
The Gardens By the Bay --HIGHLY Recommended!
Waterfall Bio dome - a great way to cool off in the Singapore heat
Singapore at night
Nikki's Baby Shower
Shami & I hosted Nikki's baby shower in early November.  We had a fun afternoon lunch with bubbles.  The mum to be was showered with gifts and we can't wait to meet the Fox's new baby girl.  Only a few more weeks!
The ladies
Back to Coaching
Swim season started back in October.  This year I have 48 swimmers ages 7-18 on my team.  We are practicing 3 days per week and it's keeping me super busy.  Last week we hosted a swim meet with 3 other schools.  It was a very successful meet! 

Thanksgiving
Our favorite American holiday has come and gone.  We celebrated on Thanksgiving and made a traditional spread of ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans and pumpkin pie.  It was, hands down, the best tasting Thanksgiving I have ever made.   We also joined 60 other expats at Jeanmarie and Scott's for a potluck style feast.  Thanksgiving in Penang did not disappoint!

What about Eric?
Well Eric has been around, although it may not appear that way in any of the above mentioned sections.  He has been busy working and hosting work guests from Austin.  He is wrapping up a 10 week Analog Design Best Practice course that he has been teaching and coordinating.  We've been doing a lot of shopping and hanging out on the weekends, nothing too exciting, just living the good life in Penang.

What's next?
Now that I'm feeling more human, the travel is about to ramp back up.  We are headed to Koh Saumi, Thailand for Christmas and Chiang Mai, Thailand for 10 days in January.  Our friend Billy is coming to visit for 2 weeks in December.  We are looking forward to our travels and visitors and I'm sure there will be more to come on the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment