Friday, October 21, 2011

Luscious Ladies in Pink

A few weeks back I was invited to attend the annual Luscious Ladies in Pink event at the swanky Eastern & Oriental Hotel.  Of course, I jumped at this opportunity, found the pinkest shirt I have and joined Jeanmarie at the event.  This event raised funds for Breast Cancer in Penang.  I felt proud to be at this event, especially this year!  We joined Jeanmaire's friend Bernadette at her table, where I met a few more Australian and Kiwi friends!  Bernadette asked me to share my story with the table and I happily did!  This was one of the first times that I have spoke "semi-publicly" (I only say semi, because I didn't have the microphone :) about my surgery and my story.  I felt proud to share my story with the ladies about the importance of prevention and personal empowerment!  I can't wait to see my new friends again!  Here are a few shots from the Fashion Show and the event! 

I have big plans for next years event!  I hope to help plan and organize this great fundraiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment